International Committee of the Red Cross
- The ICRC’s mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance
- A patchwork network of ISPs and satellite specialists was no longer able to meet the ICRC's requirements, and it needed a single provider to deliver coverage in difficult countries such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia
- We delivered a managed network service for 270 sites with 440 connections in 99 countries, the majority being in Africa and the Middle East, through a mix of terrestrial, satellite and Internet-based accesses
- With reliable, secure network coverage at lower cost in more countries than ever, including many that have relatively poor communication infrastructures, the ICRC is better able to support its people in their humanitarian work
“In a war zone, communication is everything. Good communication helps save lives.”
Issues and challenges
The International Committee of the Red Cross is headquartered in Geneva and employs over 11,000 people worldwide. It is a global charity and an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC had built a patchwork network of ISPs and satellite specialists that was no longer able to meet its reliability and security requirements. A strategy was developed to centralize applications through a single managed service provider that could deliver coverage in difficult countries such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, while working to a high class of service and strong SLAs.
Consolidate global network provision and increase the security and reliability of ICRC communications with a clear focus on countries with poor infrastructure
The Orange Business Services solution
- Orange fully-managed network service – terrestrial (30%), satellite (40%) and Internet-based access (30%) subject to site criticality
- 270 sites with 440 connections in 99 countries, with the majority in Africa and the Middle East
- Increased network acceleration and security, proactive monitoring, 24x7 global help desk, satellite back-up and rapidly deployable unit
- Customized governance structure
The Orange managed network solution is a core part of the digital transformation journey that the ICRC is undertaking to further support its employees in their humanitarian work.
- Unrivaled terrestrial coverage in high-growth markets
- Integrated solution to meet the situation in any country
- Better end-user experience and international team working
- Faster information sharing, facilitating better decision making
- Simplified operations through a single global provider
- Class of service, SLAs and full reporting