- Hertz is a leading global car and van rental provider
- They wanted to accelerate deployment of the new Hertz 24/7 keyless car sharing service
- The Orange IoT solution uses embedded SIM cards in vehicles to monitor location and enable voice services to the Hertz contact center
- Hertz 24/7 is being rolled out across seven European countries using digital technology to simplify the booking system and service management, cutting costs and enhancing the customer experience
"We are constantly evolving as a business to reflect the changing demands of our customers. Our partnership with Orange Business Services is an ideal step for us as we embrace the future and take on new digital technologies that improve customer service."
Issues and challenges
Hertz is a leading global car and van rental provider managing approximately 30 million bookings per year in 140 countries with over 29,000 employees worldwide.
The company’s European operation recently launched Hertz 24/7, a new “keyless car” sharing service for businesses and sold through retail partnerships, which enables customers to rent vehicles by the hour using phone or app without visiting a Hertz office. Hertz 24/7 is designed to simplify the booking process, cut costs and offer a differentiated customer service.
- IoT and data analytics
Accelerate deployment of Hertz 24/7 across Europe
The Orange Business Services solution
- Orange global centralized IoT connectivity management platform across seven European countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the UK
- Management of all Hertz affiliates in Europe via a SPoC with continuous technical and commercial support
- Voice services from each vehicle to the Hertz contact center
- Project, service and end-to-end logistics management
The Orange Business Services solution has enabled Hertz to meet its goal of utilizing digital technology to innovate customer services.
- Service differentiation through technology-enabled fleets
- Enhanced customer experience
- Ability for each country to purchase its own SIM cards within a global framework
- Simplified management
- Increased agility to deliver new market-leading vehicle services