- EMAS is a global offshore oil and gas specialist providing marine, construction, production and well services
- The company wanted to transform its voice infrastructure and move toward its vision of global unified communications, enabling employee mobility and increasing productivity across 16 markets and over 65 marine support and offshore construction vessels
- An Orange Unified Communications as a Service cloud-based solution for 2,000+ employees in seven countries provides access from any location to collaboration tools – voice, IM, audio/video conferencing, mobility suite and data communications
- EMAS’s digital transformation has enabled seamless global collaboration, even from remote sites, and has increased business agility and productivity. The on-demand service has reduced costs and is helping to deliver the company’s unified communications vision
"As a global operation, it is vital for us to have a fully-connected and digitally-transformed workspace that enables mobility for employees and allows them to collaborate remotely and seamlessly. Beyond raising user productivity, the scalability of the UCaaS solution means it can evolve with our business and enhance our unified communications vision. We chose to partner with Orange Business Services because they can deliver quality global solutions for cloud-based collaboration."
Issues and challenges
EMAS is a global offshore oil and gas specialist providing marine, construction, production and well services to major oil, gas and renewable energy companies. The company’s 8,000 employees operate in 16 markets worldwide, with over 65 marine support and offshore construction vessels.
As a highly distributed organization, collaboration is a vital part of meeting changing market dynamics and increasing productivity. Employee mobility, enabling employees at any location to access corporate resources and colleagues, is a primary objective. With a disparate PBX infrastructure nearing end of life, EMAS saw an opportunity to transform its voice infrastructure as well as the way it manages and uses the latest communications technology.
- Cloud computing
- Unified communications
Increase global collaboration and cut costs
The Orange Business Services solution
- Business Together as a Service for 2,000+ employees in seven countries – Unified Communications as a Service hosted on the Orange network infrastructure
- Fully-managed cloud-based infrastructure with access to collaboration tools: voice, IM, audio/video conferencing, mobility suite and data communications
- Management portal in 27+ languages
- Program management
The Orange solution is helping EMAS on its digital transformation journey to enabling its people worldwide to work more easily as one team.
- Reduced barriers to staff working together from any location
- Increased flexibility and productivity
- Faster response to changing customer demand
- More efficient service delivery
- Simplified operations
- Reduced time spent on operational IT tasks
Platform for the future
- Strategic move toward unified communications
- Support for global business growth