Innovative IP solutions
We’re not just talking about putting a Cisco router into the Orange network. From technology development to solution design, the global partnership has enabled us to be first to market with many innovative IP solutions that enable new ways of working and cutting operating costs.
The Orange workspace-of-the-future transformation strategy uses Cisco technology widely. It combines unified communications integrated into the desktop, collaboration using telepresence and IP video, and flexible connectivity with Wi-Fi and networking.
Our joint approach delivers a number of benefits:
- Collaboration: together we provide unified communications solutions based on more than 10 years of joint experience delivering global collaboration solutions and Cisco’s industry-leading position in unified communications and corporate telephony
- Cloud computing: our cloud services portfolio is composed of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, including private cloud, security and unified collaboration solutions based on Cisco’s products
- Telepresence: we can supply Cisco TelePresence anywhere in the world and our Cisco-certified, Telepresence Connect network meets rigorous criteria for telepresence in nearly 50 countries
- Integration services: we are the leading integrated operator for multinational companies that want a single provider to assess their requirements and design, and deploy and manage their Cisco-based infrastructure
We are one of four Cisco Global Certified Partners and the first service provider to achieve this milestone. We have 14 Gold certified countries, four Silver, two Premier and one Select, and staff with 1,578 individual certifications globally.
In addition, we hold one of four Global Authorized Technology Provider (ATP) Telepresence Video certifications and the first Unified Communication as a Services (UCaaS) certification (Hosted Collaboration Solution). We also hold Master Managed Services certifications with six powered certified solutions:
- TelePresence Network Connection
- Business Video
- Cloud Service for HCS
- Business Communications
- Unified Contact Center
As evidence of our close relationship and joint strength, we have won a range of partner awards including:
- South Europe cloud provider of the year 2014
- Central Europe cloud provider of the year 2014
- Americas cloud service provider for architectural excellence/enterprise networking of the year 2014
- France commercial partner of the year 2012 / 2013 / 2014
- France cloud provider of year 2012 / 2013 / 2014
- France architectural excellence/collaboration partner of the year 2014
- Poland cloud provider of the year 2014
- The Netherlands service provider of the year 2014
- Germany cloud provider of the year 2014
- Argentina cluster (incl. Colombia, Paraguay and Uruguay) solution innovation partner of the year 2014
- EMEAR service provider of the year 2011/2012
- EMEAR cloud provider partner of the year 2013
- USA Architectural Excellence/Collaboration of the year 2012
- France Data Centre partner of the year 2012
- Switzerland enterprise partner of the year 2011
- The Netherlands cloud partner of the year 2013
Customer case study: SBM Offshore
SBM Offshore selected Cisco TelePresence as the solution, but needed a solution provider with the experience to deploy TelePresence globally, connect their sites and provide ongoing management. The deployment of Cisco TelePresence using Telepresence Connect is making a significant contribution to enabling SBM Offshore to meet its objectives:
- Significant savings - US$1,135,000 saved in travel costs in the first six months of operation
- High usage - initial usage indicates that 300 employees per month attend at least one Telepresence session with usage expected to build
- Faster time to market - reduced development time of new solutions
Products and services using Cisco technology
- Unified communications and collaboration: Business Together, Business Together as a Service, Managed LAN
- Contact center: Managed Contact Center Premium
- Network: TelePresence, TelePresence as a Service, Open Videopresence, Network Protect, maintenance with Cisco Services (co-branded offer), InSite (based on Cisco Smart Services), Business VPN in combination with the Cisco Service Provider (SP) Intelligent WAN (IWAN) architecture.
IWAN enables multiple, cost-effective Internet and MPLS links to be used as if they were one circuit with dynamic routing in response to real-time congestion levels. This helps deliver faster and more reliable cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS). Orange combines Cisco IWAN with Application Visibility (AVC), Performance Routing (PfR) path selection, Akamai Connect for intelligent object caching and our comprehensive security platform.
- Voice: Web Conferencing with Cisco WebEx
Founded in 1984, Cisco empowers global networking with IP innovation. Today, more than 85% of the Internet backbone is built on Cisco's networking solutions, transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
in the Top 50 of Fortune's 2013 Most Admired Companies
Green Power Partner of the Year award winner 2013
“Orange has helped us to focus on the data, instead of on the infrastructure. Now we can offer solutions that can be released and shared in minutes and not months, and this makes a real difference to our very demanding technical and scientific user community. The private cloud solution has all the...European Space Agency