- Amcor, the world’s leading packaging company, decided to use the transfer from Blackberry to Apple IOS as an opportunity to address cost management and security concerns
- We deployed a global WAN and integrated network security in a fixed and mobile convergence solution across 43 countries that included 7,500 Business Together as a Service users and was supported by Fixed and Mobile Convergence, Mobile Device Management and Telecom Expense Management services
- Amcor now has greater visibility and cost control, which is enabling better and simplified management of its mobile and fixed network resources. Global security standards for the mobile fleet have been increased, and the solution is delivering an enhanced end-user experience
"We know Orange Business Services is a reliable partner with a proven delivery track record. In addition to having an unmatched global presence in both mobile and fixed connectivity, Orange tells a real end-to-end story around IT and digital transformation."
Issues and challenges
Amcor is the world’s leading packaging company and specializes in high-quality, innovative and sustainable packaging that enhances the products people use in everyday life. From its headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, the company has around 29,000 co-workers at over 230 sites in 40+ countries worldwide.
The strategic decision to transfer from Blackberry to Apple IOS created an opportunity to fully leverage its global buying power and address key challenges. The legacy, decentralized mobile connectivity management model was not providing overall control and visibility of mobile and fixed services costs. Concerns around global security had also been raised, together with complex management processes and a poor end-user experience.
Increase cost control and security of fixed and mobile services.
The Orange Business Services solution
- Orange global WAN and network security services
- Integrated fixed and mobile solution across 43 countries including 7,500+ Business Together as a Service users, Business Talk connectivity and a series of mobiles
- Fixed Mobile Convergence, Mobile Device Management and Telecom Expense Management
- Program and partner management – Cisco
The Orange digital transformation solution is supporting the Amcor core values of delivering the highest quality products and customer service.
- Increased business agility and flexibility
- Better end-user experience
- Simplified operations via centralized model with a single global provider
- Clear, accurate cost visibility and greater control
- Ability to meet ever-changing security threats
- Commitment to staff, customers and partners